Access Statement for Daisy’s,
2 Newton Grange Close, Swanage, Dorset. BH19 2FD
Introduction and General Information
Daisy’s is located on a small exclusive development of individually styled homes, newly built for the 2012 season, within a purbeck stone walled setting. It is built of brick, has a tiled roof and is first-story linked to the house on the left.
The house comprises on the ground floor of a lounge, kitchen / dining room, cloakroom and hall with cupboard for coats and shoes. Upstairs there are three bedrooms; one with an en-suite bathroom and two with en-suite showers . The house sleeps 6.
The property is accessible for wheelchairs from the rear of the house and the ground floor cloakroom is designed for wheelchair access. There is no wheelchair access on the first floor.
The house has access from the rear parking area and from Newton Grange Close at the front. See below for further details and restrictions.
The property benefits from wifi which has a good signal strength throughout the house.
The house is painted throughout in neutral colours.
The Property does not provide equipment for babies.
Dogs are not permitted on the property.
There is access to many amenities within walking distance of the property; the Swanage bus route and a local supermarket/post office are a few minutes walk away on High Street; up the hill from Cow Lane into Quarry Road is one of Swanage’s swimming pools on Swanage View Holiday Park off Panorama Road; and from there are many public footpaths to the south west coastal path across the nature reserve and to Durlston Head.
• Daisy’s is listed on www.dhcottages.co.uk
• Daisy’s is listed with the English Tourism Council.
• It is situated approximately half a mile to the west of Swanage town centre and seafront and is close to local amenities.
• The nearest bus stop is on the high street, approximately 3 minutes walk away.
• There is a steam railway station serving Swanage, approximately 15 minutes walk and there are regular trains to Corfe Castle. The buses run to Wareham and there is an open top bus that travels to Poole and Bournemouth via Studland and uses the ferry crossing at the mouth of Poole Harbour. Alternatively, in the warmer months, there are boat trips to Poole from Swanage Pier.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Luggage can be unloaded at the front or the rear of the property, but guests must be aware that parking is limited to the space at the rear of the property.
• Further parking can be found on Cow Lane or in designated spaces off of Cow Lane directly opposite the rear of the property.
• Guests also need to be aware that the driveway giving access to the rear of the property is shared with Number 3 who also need access to their parking.
• Please note that for larger vehicles access to the rear parking is easier if the vehicle is reversed in.
• The front door is approached off a step up from Newton Grange Close. The door is standard width into the hallway with entrances into the kitchen/dining room on the right and living room on the left.
• The rear entrance is approached from the back gates into the parking area and through the garden. The back door has level access into the lounge.
• Guests must ensure the gates to the rear of the property are securely pinned whilst open to avoid the gates swinging in the wind. Failure to do this may result in damage to both gates and any parked vehicles.
• Internal door dimensions are generally 1.98m tall by 0.83m wide. First Floor ensuite door widths are slightly narrower at 0.68m.
Lounge (5.8m x 3.1m)
• Flooring is oak woodblock with a rug.
• Furniture comprises one four-seater settee, one three-seater settee and two armchairs with a mix of feather and synthetic cushions, a footstall, a tall oak chest, a nest of tables, and a round side table.
• Lighting is provided by two ceiling lights, a table lamp and two wall spot lights.
• There is a large flat screen 3D TV with Blu ray DVD player.
• There is one window to the front of the property and one large window and door at the rear.
Kitchen Dining Room (5.8m x 3.3m)
• Wall electric cooker with drop down grill/top oven and main oven. A microwave is also available.
• There is a mahogany table and six chairs and an island preparation table.
• There is a built-in fridge/ freezer and dishwasher.
• The combi gas boiler is situated in the kitchen.
• Standard height granite worktops with units under.
• The flooring is a grey slate tiling.
• Lighting is fluorescent bar ceiling lights, spotlights from the cooker hood and a spotlight over the worktop area.
• BBQ cleaning tool can be found in the cupboard under the kitchen sink.
Utility / cloakroom (2.0mx1.4m)
• Situated off of the kitchen and leading to the cloakroom. The floor is a grey tile.
• There is a washing machine, which is standard front loading,
• The cloakroom is fitted with a standard toilet and corner basin.
• There is an extractor fan, a general light but no window.
• There are no support handrails.
• Synthetic duvets and pillows are provided throughout. Beds are made up with bed linen. There are blankets available in each room.
• All have en-suite shower rooms (one with bath and shower).
• The bedrooms, stairs and landing are carpeted.
• The lighting is ceiling lights and bedside wall lights with switches at the entrance and at the bedside.
Main Bedroom (2.4m x5.0m L shaped)
• Double bed with an ornate carved headboard with access to both sides. Small carved chest of drawers. Both hanging and drawer space is provided in the built in wardrobe.
• There are two small armchairs facing French windows with distant views over Swanage to the sea.
• There is a smaller window overlooking the front of the property.
• There is a TV with a built-in DVD player.
• There is a white and grey fully tiled shower room (1.9mx1.5m) with wash hand basin, shelving for toiletries, a LED mirror light with a shaving point on the left-hand side of it and an extractor fan. There is a standard toilet and large pedestal basin. There is no window.
• Hairdryer provided
King Bedroom (3.3m x 2.4m)
• There is a king sized bed with a beautiful French oak carved headboard with access to both sides and a small bow fronted oak chest of drawers. Hanging space is provided in a built in wardrobe.
· Lighting is provided by a ceiling light and two wall lights.
· There is a smaller window overlooking the rear of the property.
· There is a TV with a DVD player.
• There is an ivory and brown fully tiled shower room 2.0m x 1.4m) with wash hand basin with shelving for toiletries, a LED mirror light with a shaving point on the left-hand side of it and an extractor fan. There is a standard toilet and large pedestal basin. There is no window.
• Hairdryer provided.
Twin or Super-king Bedroom (3.8m x 3.1m)
• There are two single divan beds with an upholstered headboards which can be zipped together to make a super-king bed if required.
• There is a waxed pine wardrobe, one large chest of drawers and two smaller chests that match.
• On one of the smaller the chests is a free standing tri-fold mirror with a dressing table stool.
• There is a TV with a DVD player.
• Lighting is provided by a ceiling light and two wall lights.
• There is one large French window and one glass door that opens out onto an oak balcony with a glass balustrade. Two sunlounger chairs are available to be used on the balcony.
• The en-suite bathroom (1.9m x 2.0m) has a shower and folded screen at on end of the bath. The room is fully tiled with cream and brown tiles, a small wash hand pedestal basin, a standard toilet and a narrow LED mirror light.
• There is a window with obscure glass.
• There is an extractor fan.
• Hairdryer Provided.
• The garden is L-shaped with a small grass area, a central footpath surrounded by flower borders and a patio/seating area for six at the far end, sheltered by a tall purbeck stone wall. The garden has a double gate to the parking area and needs to be closed to be reasonably private.
• There is metal table and chair set (seat cushions are stored in the louved door cupboard in the kitchen), two reclining chairs, two armchairs and a charcoal BBQ for the use of guests.
• There is a wide range of shops in Swanage, all accessible within a ten to fifteen minute walk. These include many restaurants and takeaways, Co-op and Budgens supermarkets, Boots Chemists and Lloyds pharmacy.
• There is a doctor’s surgery, dentist and vets.
• There is a comprehensive folder of local information at Daisy’s, including public transport timetables, leisure facilities and tourist attractions.
• There is reasonable 3G mobile phone reception at Daisy’s to the best of our knowledge. There are public payphones on the high street a short walk away.
• Dorset Holiday Cottages can be reached on the following contacts: telephone 01929 481547, fax 01929 552714, email: email@example.com web: www.dhcottages.co.uk. There hours are: Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5pm.