Accessibility Guide for Denbur – Dorset
‘Denbur’ is a semi-detached cottage in the centre of a small village. We hope this statement provides all the information you require, if you have any queries please do contact us. We look forward to welcoming you.
At a Glance
- There is level access from the main entrance to:
- Grounds and Garden
Access with steps
- There are steps from the main entrance to:
- Sitting Room
- We have non-allergic bedding.
Travel by public transport
- You can get to Denbur – Dorset by train.
- The nearest train station is Poole Rail Station. The train station is 12 miles / 19.3 km from Denbur – Dorset.
- Bournemouth Rail Station is approximately 14 miles Tel: 0345 6000650
Bournemouth Airport is approximately 12 miles Tel: 0800 6300297
- You can get a taxi with Wimborne Taxis Ltd Colehill & Wimborne Radio Cabs by calling 01202 884444 01202 888810.
- We have a car park. The parking is less than 50 metres from the main entrance. Parking is free.
- There is a drop-off point at the main entrance. The drop-off point has a dropped kerb.
- From the car park to the entrance, there is level access. The path is sloped.
- The route is 1500mm wide, or more.
- Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
The car parking entrance is via the five bar gate which leads from the lane on to a level gravel surface. There is parking for two cars. From the car park there is a small gradient onto the lawn. From here there is level access (over a weather guard) into the Conservatory. (Door width 64cm). Distance from the car parking to the conservatory is approximately 12 metres.
Alternatively it is possible to draw up outside the red garden gate and then follow the concrete path to the conservatory door. (Distance approximately 16 metres)
Welcome to Denbur
Path to main entrance
- From the street to the main entrance, there is level access.
- The path is 1500mm wide, or more.
- The main entrance has level access.
- The main door is side hung and manual.
- The door is 640mm wide.
Getting around inside
- All bedrooms have windows.
- Bedrooms have ceiling lights, wall lights, bedside lamps, desk or table lamps and natural daylight.
- Lights are energy saving.All bedrooms are non-smoking.
- We have non-allergic bedding.
- All bedrooms have fitted carpets.
- No bedrooms have level access.The bedroom nearest the main entrance has 14 steps.
- We have bathrooms with a separate shower.
- Some showers have a seat.
- Some showers have a handrail.
- We have bathrooms with a bath and overhead shower.The shower has a handrail.
Going for a splash in the Wetroom
First floor Bathroom
Self catering kitchen
- We have an open plan kitchen.
- From the main entrance to the kitchen, there is 1 step. There is no lift and no ramp.
- The oven is available at a height between 650mm and 900mm.
- The work tops are at a height of 910 mm with appliances – oven, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and drawers built in underneath. The hob is induction.
Please note the wet room is located off the kitchen with level access. Door width 73cms. It has a wall mounted basin, vertical grab rail to the right of the basin (to the left of the shower controls). There is an overhead shower and hand held flexible shower.Tiled flooring and walls, plus a chair.
There is a downstairs WC immediately on the left of the main entrance on entering the conservatory. Door width 67cms, toilet height 40cms
- From the main entrance to the lounge, there is 1 step. There is no lift and no ramp.
- There is a remote control TV with subtitles. The room is fully carpeted with fitted Wilton carpet. There is a two piece suite comprising of a chair and three – seater settee.
- From the main entrance to this area, there is 1 step. There is no lift and no ramp.
- Fully carpeted with fitted Wilton carpet.
Getting around outside
Grounds and Garden
- From the main entrance to this area, there is level access.The route is 1500mm wide, or more.The entrance is 640mm wide.
- The garden to the southwest is mainly lawn with trees, shrubs, and plants and easily accessible. There are four garden chairs and a table.
There is a shallow step down from the concrete path onto the front, east garden, which is mainly grass with trees and shrubs.
Front east garden
Customer care support
- The nearest toilet area for assistance dogs is at the bottom of the front east garden (by the large single Pine Tree)approximately 20 -30 metres
- There is a Conservatory power point available that can be used for charging mobility scooters
- You can hire mobility equipment from British Red Cross, Poole. by calling 01202 699453.