Our self-catering, semi-detached house was built in 2008 in a contemporary style with top of the range fittings but blends in with the older properties in the village due to its Purbeck stone work and cottage design. It has two bedrooms, one double en-suite on the ground floor and one twin upstairs next to the main bathroom, lounge and kitchen/ diner and is a NO SMOKING property. One well-behaved dog is permitted although strictly forbidden on all furnishings.
Homeground is situated 500 metres from the sea at Lulworth Cove. Its location is ideal for exploring the nearby, World Heritage designated ‘Jurassic Coast’. It is ideally located not only for family holidays by the Dorset coast but for walkers and ramblers to explore the beautiful countryside surrounding Homeground.
The undeveloped and rugged nature of the area means that there are places where wheelchair access is not possible in public places, such as the Cove and nearby paths and beaches. Homeground is situated off the main road on a slip road for access only. To access Homeground, there is a covered car park to the side which takes 2 cars.
There is one 15 centimetre step over the threshold of Homeground and the width of the front door is 81 centimetres. All internal doors are 74 centimetres in width.
• We are listed on Dorset Cottage Holidays’ website [dhcottages.co.uk] and all bookings are done via their website.
• The nearest train station is Wool and is approximately 5 miles away. There are accessible taxis at the station but intermittent bus services.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is a covered car port which takes to cars.
• It is possible to park the car outside the cottage
The measurements for the car port are : Entrance width is 2.8m , height 2m, length 6m.
Main entrance is to the side through the car port
• The entrance via the front door leads to a small hall with the staircase on the left, door leading to the master bedroom with door leading to en-suite bath room. There is a king size 5ft bed, two bedside tables, a chest of drawers, two built-in wardrobes, one houses the water tank ,the other a fuse-box and stopcock. Space around the bed 1.5m to en-suite door. Bathroom floor space 1.60 x1.50m to enclosed power- shower with small 15cm step, flush toilet, height 45cm, small, square sink. Extractor fan.Heated towel rail.
• The staircase with 16cm 13 steps with a curve at top, leads up in to the:
• Lounge 5m x 4m.There is one sofa-bed very heavy, coffee table, sofa, leather arm- chair, nest of tables all moveable. Free internet BT wireless hub, DVD player, CD tape, radio, 32inch flat screen TV with free-view, iPod station, books, dvd’s, games. Telephone, (incoming calls only). Wood burning stove.
A door way opens into a hallway with the
Main bathroom on the left. Full size bath with mixer taps. Toilet and sink. Heated towel rail. Electric extractor fan. Cabinet with razor and strip light. Ceramic tiled floor. Window to side.
• The second twin bedroom 3.7m x 3.1m. Two 1m single beds, bedside cabinet. 1 wardrobe and 1 chair. 1m between beds.
• At the end of corridor is the fully fitted, new, kitchen/diner 4.2mx2.7m with patio doors, locked doors with top and bottom levers, opening on to the patio and garden. Step down 20cm. The kitchen/diner is light with vaulted ceiling with windows to roof. Very well equipped kitchen with built in oven, hob with cooker hood over, inter-grated dishwasher- pull out door, integral washing/dryer machine front loader, integral fridge left-hand opening, freezer right-hand opening, all on one level ,height 90cm. Microwave on kitchen worktop. All easy accessible hand held appliances. Track spot lights. ceramic tiled floor, one and half stainless steel sink. Central heating boiler, Dining table in centre with 1m surrounding access. Two benches and two soft upholstered chairs.
• Décor is all neutral colours with a contemporary theme throughout with mainly new furniture.
• Books and maps of local interest and games are available in the lounge area.
• Floors are fully carpeted in beige with stone flooring in kitchen downstairs hall and bathrooms
• There is no separate laundry room but there is a washer/drier in the kitchen [front loading]
• There is also a hanging rack in kitchen.
• There is a retractable clothesline outside.
• There is a small general store situated c. 10 minute’s walk from Homeground
• There are a large number of pleasant walks [walking shoes required] from Homeground, both to the coast and inland. The area is undeveloped and exposed to the natural elements with paths being continually eroded. Consequently, the surrounding walks have extremely limited access for people with disabilities/wheelchair users.
• Some of the nearby walks are through M.O.D. land, which can be closed to the public. Opening times are posted at the Heritage Centre.
Grounds & Gardens
The garden and patio can be accessed from the kitchen which has the sun all day, perfect for BBQs. There is a glass table and 4 chairs. Outside light, outside power point, oil tank enclosed by close boarded fencing, grass sloped garden with close boarded fencing. The top of the garden which has distant sea views is accessed from the new steep steps from the patio. There is a Summer house, table, umbrella and 2 chairs at the top, to enjoy the view over Hambury Tout. There are 3 wooden steps up to a gate which opens on to a wooden pathway which leads across next door’s garden then out on to steps leading down to a gate at the bottom. This is for access only and shared with properties higher up. The garden is secure for dogs.
To the left of the property is the driveway to underground car port for two cars. Narrow entrance.
• Safety – battery-operated smoke and carbonmonoxide alarms throughout the premises and Fire extinguisher, fire blanket in the kitchen. Fire extinguisher in downstairs hallway.
• Visitor pack folder – situated in the lounge on the bookcase, this gives instruction sheets on use of all main equipment
• List of emergency [Dorset Cottages Holidays]
• Services, restaurants, shops, hospitals, etc. are in the visitor pack.
• Maps and booklets of the area are available for use and store on the bookshelves in the lounge.
• Contact Address: Dorset Cottage Holidays. 8 East Street, Corfe Castle, Dorset. BH20 5ED.
• Property Address: ‘Homeground’, West Lulworth – full address available on booking.
• Telephone: 01929-481547. [Dorset Cottages Holidays]
• Fax: 01929-552714. [Dorset Cottages Holidays]
• Website: www.dhcottages.co.uk [Dorset Cottages Holidays]
• Hours of operation: Telephones 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 9am to 5pm Saturday. [Dorset Cottages Holidays]
• The Heritage Centre, Lulworth Cove tel: 01929-400587
• Local Tourist Information Centre, Wareham: tel: 01929-552740, web-site; www.purbeck.gov.uk
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve.