Access Statement for Malvern Apartment
Flat 2 The Malvern’s is an established holiday property within an Edwardian Hotel now converted into apartments. The apartment is being used all year round and managed very well by Dorset Holiday Cottages. The apartment is on the ground floor & offers 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower, separate W.C, newly fitted kitchen and lounge.
• Details of the apartment are available on website dhcottages.co.uk.
• Keys and directions are obtained from Dorset Holiday Cottages. Dorset Holiday Cottages can be contacted on 01929 481547. Email; firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Local buses run regularly and a timetable is available on http://www.wdbus.co.uk/bus-services/index.asp, also available in the apartment. Local Taxi 01929 421122
• The main town centre of Swanage is a 5 minute walk
• The local police station is Swanage Police Station, Argyle Road, Swanage, BH19 1HZ, Telephone: 01929 422004 or 01202 222222.
• The apartment is not suitable for disabled people.
• The apartment is suitable for elderly people
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• There is 1 allocated off road parking space marked ‘2’ in Taunton Road which is the rear entrance to the building
• It is advised to park in Park Road on arrival when unloading luggage. From the car parking space in Taunton Road the access is through a gate and down 5 steps along a 10m level and straight paved path to the rear entrance door which is at the end of the path on the left, there is a lock at eye level. Once inside a level corridor with emergency lighting leads to the front door of the flat. A light switch is located to the left of the door (this is a push in type). The apartment door has 2 locks, 1 at waist height and one at eye level. Entrance from Park Road into the front of the building is a short walk across the drive and up 3 steps and then through the large main door which has a lock at eye level. This leads to a small foyer and the flat is immediately on the right at the foot of the stairs.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• There are 2 entrances to the apartment the most accessible is Park Road however the rear entrance is not a problem and both are safe. There are 5 steps on the rear entrance and 3 steps on the entrance on Park Road. Once inside the building and the apartment there are no steps or uneven surfaces. There are sensor lights within the building. The main entrance is well lit by street lights and sensor lights are located at the rear entrance.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors Etc.
• The only public area within the Malvern’s is the foyer, hall and corridor. There are no uneven surfaces or steps and they are well lit and spacious.
• There are emergency procedures posted in the foyer and available in the apartment. There is a handbook in the apartment with various helpful information. The Malvern’s is a no smoking apartment. The reception for mobile phones is good. No pets are allowed.
Address: Dorset Cottage Holidays
8 East Street
Telephone: 01929 481547.
Hours of operation: 9.00am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday. 9.00am – 5.00pm Saturday.
Local public transport numbers: Wilts and Dorset Buses 01983 827005
Wilts & Dorset Bus Company
Isle of Wight
Local accessible taxi numbers: Purbeck Cars
1 High St, Swanage, BH19 2LN
Tel: 01929 427440
Swanage Associated Taxis
Railway Station Approach, Swanage, BH19 1HB
Tel: 01929 421122
Swanage Taxis Ltd
Station Rd, Swanage, BH19 1AB
Tel: 01929 422007
• There are no plans currently.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01929 481547 or email email@example.com