Access Statement for Purbeck Escape
Purbeck Escape is located on a small exclusive development of individually styled homes, newly built for the 2012 season, within a Purbeck stone walled setting. The house is built of brick, has a tiled roof and is linked at the first storey to the house on the right.
The house comprises on the ground floor of a lounge, kitchen, cloakroom and hall with storage for coats and shoes. Upstairs there are four bedrooms, including a master bedroom with an en-suite shower room, and a family bathroom. One of the bedrooms is used as a private study/housekeeping room and the other 3 bedrooms provide 6 beds.
The property is accessible to wheelchairs from the patio at the back of the house and the ground floor cloakroom is designed for wheelchair access. However, there is no wheelchair access to the first floor which has a staircase with a left hand, rising curve.
The house has access from the side parking area and from Newton Grange Close at the front. See below for further details and restrictions.
The property benefits from Wifi which has a good signal strength throughout the house.
The house is painted throughout in neutral colours with a contrast painted wall in each of the principal rooms.
The Property provides equipment for babies such as a travel cot, stair gate and high chair. This equipment is made available for the responsible adults to erect and use at their discretion.
Dogs are not permitted on the property under the rules of the Residents Association who manage the estate.
There is access to many amenities within walking distance of the property; the Swanage bus route and a local supermarket/post office are a few minutes walk away on High Street. One of Swanage’s two indoor pools, to which the public have access, is found at the nearby Swanage Bay View Holiday Park. From this park there are many public footpaths to the south west coastal path, across the nature reserve and also to Durlston Head.
• Purbeck Escape is listed on www.dhcottages.co.uk
• It is situated approximately half a mile to the west of Swanage town centre and seafront and is close to local amenities.
• The nearest bus stop is on the High Street, approximately 3 minutes walk away.
• Buses run to Wareham from where there are onward connections by bus and rail. Visitors can enjoy the steam railway station, approximately 15 minutes walk away, offering a regular day time service to and from Corfe Castle and Norden. An open top bus takes passengers to Poole and Bournemouth via Studland and uses the ferry crossing at the mouth of Poole Harbour. Alternatively, in the warmer months, there are boat trips to Poole from Swanage Pier.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Luggage can be unloaded at the front or the side of the property, however, cars must be parked in the space adjoining each property. Cars must be reversed into allocated spaces or carports which requires care and skill.
• Further parking can be found in adjacent roads.
• Newton Grange Close is a private estate within a conservation area therefore covenants allow for car parking only and exclude parking of caravans, motor homes or boats.
• The front door is approached off a flight of 5 steps up from Newton Grange Close. The door is standard width into the hallway with entrances into the kitchen/dining room on the right and living room straight ahead.
• The rear entrance is through a patio door approached from the side gates through the garden. There is wood decking before a low step gives access into the lounge.
• Guests must ensure the gates to the side of the property and continue on from the car port are securely pinned whilst open. Otherwise they may swing and cause damage to both gates and any parked vehicles.
• Internal door dimensions are generally 1.98m tall by 0.83m wide. The First Floor en-suite door width is slightly narrower at 0.68m.
All furniture, fittings and textiles are new, having been installed in the summer of 2017. Therefore, all contents meet all current fire and health and safety regulations. The property is fully managed by an experienced and quality conscious agency and both the agent and the owner are committed to maintaining the property to a high standard. Full risk assessments have been carried out and acted upon.
Lounge/Dining Room (5.7m x 5.6m)
• Flooring is oak woodblock with a rug.
• Furniture comprises one three-seater sofa, two single armchairs with a mix of synthetic cushions, a large bean bag, side tables, an oak sideboard, and a dining table with six chairs.
• Lighting is provided by two ceiling lights, five wall lamps, a table lamp and a floor lamp.
• There is a large flat screen TV with Blu-Ray DVD player and a TalkTalk TV Plus Smart TV box.
• There are two side windows and large windows with a glazed door onto the patio. All windows have blinds. Two further glazed doors give access to the kitchen and entrance hall. The staircase to the first floor rises from the lounge/dining room.
Kitchen (3.1m x 2.7m)
• Electric/gas hob cooker with drop down grill/top oven and main oven. A microwave is also provided.
• There is a built-in fridge/ freezer and dishwasher.
• There is a washer/dryer.
• The combi gas boiler is situated in the kitchen.
• Standard height granite worktops with units under.
• Wooden flooring.
• Lighting is ceiling mounted spotlights and one sidelight.
• Situated off of the hallway. Wooden flooring.
• The cloakroom is fitted with a standard toilet and corner basin.
• There is no window, an extractor fan and a central, overhead light.
• There are no support handrails.
• Synthetic duvets and pillows are provided throughout. Beds are made up with bed linen.
• The Master and Twin bedrooms, stairs and landing are carpeted. The Double bedroom has a wooden floor.
• The lighting is provided by ceiling lights with switches at the entrance. Bedside lamps are operated by touch.
Main Bedroom (4.9m x 3.9m)
• King size divan bed with plain cream upholstered headboard and access to both sides. Chest of drawers. Dressing table and vanity mirror. A large built in wardrobe provides extensive shelf and hanging space. Large, floor length windows and glazed door gives access to a semi-covered balcony equipped with two loungers and a side table. Black out roller blinds are installed at most windows.
• There is a small window overlooking the front of the property. This is just above floor height therefore the window has been limited to opening to more than 3 inches to avoid anyone falling out.
• There is a white fully tiled shower room with wash hand basin, built in shelving for toiletries, a fluorescent mirror light with a shaving point. There is a standard toilet and large pedestal basin. There is a large window obscured by a venetian blind.
• Hairdryer and DAB radio/alarm clock.
Double Bedroom (3.4m x 2.3m)
• There is a double bed with an oak headboard with access to both sides. Furniture is in a New England oak style consisting of a chest of drawers, matching bedside tables and free-standing wardrobe providing hanging space and further drawer storage.
• Lighting is provided by a ceiling light and two bedside touch lights.
• There are two windows overlooking the side of the property. Black out roller blinds are installed.
• Wall mounted mirror.
Twin Bedroom (3.0m x 2.9m)
• There are two single divan beds with plain white holstered headboards. There is access to one side of each in the middle of the room.
• There is a wardrobe with sliding doors, one small chest of drawers, with a wall mounted mirror over and one bedside chest.
• There is one window overlooking the rear. A black out blind is installed.
• Lighting is provided by a ceiling light and two bedside touch lights.
• There is a white fully tiled bathroom with full length bath with shower over. Hand basin with built in shelving for toiletries, a fluorescent mirror light with a shaving point. There is a standard toilet and large pedestal basin.
• The garden is framed by a tall Purbeck stone wall that runs along the width of the house.There is a decked patio area and skilled border planting. A garden path joins to the large block paved area which goes down the side of the house and gives way to the carport. Large, barn style gates separates the garden from the carport and provides privacy. There is a wall mounted clothes line.
• The decking area is large enough to accommodate an outdoor metal/glass dining table with a parasol and 6 reclining canvas chairs. The decking edge has been clearly defined so that chairs to not slip beyond it’s edge at the raised end. A shed to the side allows this furniture to be stowed if not required.
• There is a wide range of shops in Swanage, all accessible within a ten to fifteen minute walk. These include many restaurants and takeaways, Co-op and Budgens supermarkets, Boots Chemists and Lloyds pharmacy.
• There is a doctor’s surgery, dentist and vets.
• There is a comprehensive folder of local information at Purbeck Escape, including public transport timetables, leisure facilities and tourist attractions.
• There is reasonable 3G mobile phone reception at Purbeck Escape. Swanage is well served by ADSL broadband. There are public payphones on the High Street a short walk away.
• Dorset Holiday Cottages can be reached on the following contacts: Telephone 01929 481547, Fax 01929 552714, email: firstname.lastname@example.org web: www.dhcottages.co.uk. Their office hours are: Monday to Saturday: 9am – 5pm.