The Stables Access Statement
At The Stables we want to make everyone’s stay as enjoyable as possible. We aim to accurately describe our facilities and services to give you the confidence to book this property subject to your individual needs.
At a Glance
Level Access • The entrance has level access. • There is level access from the front entrance to: – Living Room – Dining Area/Kitchen – Snug – Kingsize Bedroom – Ensuite Bathroom
Access with Steps
- The staircase to the first floor bedrooms has 13 steps. • The stairs are 770mm wide.
Level Access Bedrooms
- There is one ground floor bedroom. • The staircase to the first floor has 13 steps that are 770mm wide.
- The TVs have subtitles.
- The walls and the doors have colour contrast. • We have information in large print if required.
- The property is Non Smoking • Heating controls are a maximum of 1520mm high.
The Stables Wears Farm Ashley Chase Abbotsbury Dorset DT3 4J2
Travel by Public Transport
- You cannot get to The Stables directly by bus or train • The nearest bus stop is at the Ilchester Arms (2.6 miles). Bus routes C1 and X53. • The nearest train station is Weymouth. The train station is 10 miles from The Stables. • You can get a taxi with Bob’s Cars by calling 01305 269500. The taxi company has a wheelchair accessible vehicle
- There is shared parking in front of the three Wears Farm Cottages. There are accessible parking spaces. • There is level access from the car park to the front entrance. • The route is 1260mm wide, or more.
Path to Main Entrance
- From the highway to the main entrance there is level access. • The path is 1260mm wide, or more.
- The front entrance has level access. • The main door is side hung and manual. • The door is 880mm wide.
Getting Around Inside
Visual Impairment – General Information
- We have colour contrast between walls and doorframes.
- All bedrooms have windows. • Bedrooms have recessed ceiling lights or spotlights, bedside lamps and natural daylight. • TVs have subtitles.
Ground Floor King Bedroom
- The bedroom is down a short passage way off of the Kitchen. The door to the passage way is 750mm. • The bedroom access is 940mm wide. There is 1120mm at one side of the king size bed and 1570mm the other side. The bed is 558mm high and there is 1400mm at the end of the bed. • There is a cupboard and a chest of draws. The hanging rail is 1280mm high. • The bathroom is on the right of the passage way. The bathroom door is 750mm wide. • The bathroom has a fixed sunflower shower head and shower screen over the bath. The bath is 540mm high to the top edge. • The toilet has 320mm at either side. There is 800mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 410mm high. • The basin is 810mm high, 450mm deep and 590mm wide. The taps for the bath and basin are cross heads. • The walls and the bathroom fittings have colour contrast.
First Floor Master Ensuite
- The bedroom door is 760mm wide. There is 1720mm at one side of the king size bed and 1440mm at the other side. There is 400mm at the end of the bed. The bed is 450mm high. • There is a cupboard and a chest of draws. The hanging rail is 1480mm high. • The bathroom door is 690mm wide. • The bathroom has a corner shower unit with a step 200mm high. The shower has a fixed sunflower shower head. • The toilet has 200mm and 230mm at either side. There is 350mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 430mm high. • The basin is 825mm high, 450mm deep and 590mm wide. The taps for the bath and basin are cross heads • The walls and the bathroom fittings have colour contrast.
First Floor Twin Bedroom
- The bedroom door is 690mm wide. There is 460mm in between the twin beds. The other sides are against the walls. There is a minimum of 680mm in front of the beds. The beds are 580mm high. • There is a chest of draws.
First Floor Double Bedroom
- The bedroom door is 680mm wide. There is 700mm at one side of the double bed and 600mm at the other side. There is 750mm at the end of the bed. The bed is 620mm high. • There is a fitted cupboard. The hanging rail is 1530mm high
First Floor Family Bathroom
- The access door is 695mm wide. • The bathroom has a fixed sunflower shower head and shower screen over the bath. • The bath is 540mm high to the top edge. • The toilet has 200mm at one side and 130mm on the other side. There is 830mm in front of the toilet. The toilet seat is 419mm high. • The taps for the bath and basin are cross heads. The basin is 820mm high, 450mm deep and 570mm wide.
- The open plan level kitchen and dining area are on the ground floor. • The work surface is available at a height of 914mm. • The hob is available at a height of 914mm. • The sink is available at a height of 914mm. • The oven is available at a height between 508mm and 775mm. • The dining table is situated within the kitchen and has 8 chairs. The table is at a height of 790mm.
- The Snug is on the ground floor. • The access door is from the kitchen and is 750mm wide. • There is an L shaped sofa with a seat height of 400mm.
- The lounge area is on the ground floor with level entry from the kitchen. • The door opening is 1110mm wide. • There is an L shaped sofa, a two-seater sofa and a chair. • The seats are at a height of 400mm.
Getting Around Outside Lawn Area
- There are two entrances to the garden, one through the door in the living room on the ground floor via one step, the other is through a level wooden gate from the access drive
- To get to a table from the lawn area there are no steps. • The table is wooden and has 8 chairs.
Customer Care Support
Customer Care • The nearest toilet area for assistance dogs is located in the garden of the property. Please clear up after your dog. • You can hire mobility equipment from Bridport Mobility by calling 01308 888532 • Staff can be contacted 24 hours a day. • The guest information file gives details of local services and emergency procedures. • Mobile phone reception is variable depending on your network • Free WIFI is available in the property, details can be found in the guest information file. The property is in a rural area which has limited broadband speeds.
Guide last updated: October 2018