6 of the Best Fancy Dress Ideas for New Years Eve in Swanage
Join in the fun at the best New Year’s Eve celebrations on the south coast- right on Swanage sea front. Year on year, New Year’s Eve in Swanage attracts families and groups of friends alike for a fabulous night of music, drinks and enjoyment. Bars, pubs and the club throw open their doors all evening, people spill out into the streets, encouraging a community atmosphere where old friends come together and new friendships are made. For the best idea of what to expect on the night, search for ‘Swanage NYE’ on YouTube.
The main draw is the fancy dress- EVERYONE dresses up! The sillier the better, and anything goes! But with groups of different coloured crayons, smurfs, mimes all around, why not try something a bit more original this year…
6 of the Best Fancy Dress Ideas for Swanage
- Punch and Judy – Swanage hosts a long-running Punch and Judy show each summer. Flamboyant silky costumes are key. Don’t forget the hats and long noses.
- Smugglers – the Jurassic coast has a rich and interesting smuggling history. A bit like a pirate but a bit more relaxed, touting a bag of loot of course.
- Victorians – the Victorian pier is iconic in Swanage and offers many photo opportunities! Pile on the lace and big puffy skirts, top hats and monocles.
- Romans – a photo at the amphitheatre is a must. Easily achieved with a bed sheet toga.
- Dinosaurs – the obvious choice for any Jurassic coast activity! A trip to the fancy dress shop may be required to help you out on this one!
Best Dorset Suppliers for your fancy dress:
With a little help from Dorset suppliers, you’ll be the best dressed for New Year’s Eve in Swanage:
• Peeks in Christchurch for Fancy Dress, party supplies and Fireworks
• Alter Ego – by appointment only in Dorchester
• Fun Fancy Dress (online, based in Poole)
• Hollywood – Poole and Bournemouth for Fancy Dress and Fireworks
Best Places to Stay for New Year’s Eve in Swanage:
We have many holiday cottages, apartments and new build houses available for the Christmas and New Year’s Eve period. These range from town-centre apartments to sleep 4 to 15-minute walk houses to sleep 6.
Find our Swanage Holiday Cottages on our website.