Pembroke Cottage Access Statement
Pembroke Cottage Access Statement
Our self – catering cottage is a mid terrace property built in approximately 1800 with access to the front and rear of the property. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement, if you have any queries please do call. We look forward to welcoming you.
- Bookings / enquiries should be made through Dorset Cottage Holidays Tel: 01929 481547 email firstname.lastname@example.org website www.dhcottages.co.uk
- The nearest bus stop towards Wareham and Poole is 100 yards left of Arundel Terrace with the bus to Swanage on the opposite side of the road next to the postal box, which is inset, into the stonewall. Bus number is 40 in both directions. They are usually on the hour
- The nearest train station (Wareham) is 8 miles away; there are accessible taxis at the station
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Luggage can be unloaded on the main road at the side of the cottage
- There is on street parking on the main road to the side of the row of cottages
- The door is 70 cm wide.
- There is no rear access to the cottage as the lane to the rear belongs to the National Trust
- Parking is 10 metres away on the road
- The cottage is approached via a private footpath to the front of Arundel Terrace with a slightly uneven surface (old paving slabs).
- The front door is 70cm wide and is hinged to the left
- The front door allows immediate access to the living room
- Accessed through front door
- Flooring is oak with long pile rug
- Furniture is moveable •Easy chairs provide both armed and not armed alternatives (non feather filling)
- Smart TV provided with remote control (also available is DVD)
- Table is provided with height 76 cms and underspace of 72 cm, length 32 cms (132 cms fully extended). Foldable wooden chairs are within table space
- Kitchen entrance 70cm from Living Room and
- Worktop height 91cm.
- Oven door is drop down, height of lowest shelf 30cm
- Sink is width and depth = 20cm by 51cm
- Hob (induction)is 92cm high
- Table provided with height 76cm and under space of 72cm, length 32 cms (132cm fully extended)
- Flooring is slate
- At least 50cm free space between all furniture and worktops
- Evenly lit kitchen with spotlights above work surfaces where required
- Medium contrast between floor, cupboards and other surfaces
- Fridge freezer available, highest shelf in fridge 50cm
- There is no separate laundry but there is a standard size front-loading washing machine/dryer and a rack for drying is in the cupboard in the double bedroom
- Small garden (grassed) with uneven surface.
- Access to enclosed garden, which is situated at the front of the cottage past access right of way to Terrace tenants.
- Wooden table with four chairs
- Room combinations: First floor – double bed (divan), Single room.
- Non Feather duvets and pillows provided in each room.
- Sheets, duvet covers and pillowcases are cotton
- Bedroom one (double bed (135cms x 200). Door width 70 cm
- Largest transfer space available to right of bed is 90 cms
- Bed height 60 cm floor to top of mattress.
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 150cm by 210cm.
- Single bed(200 x 100 cms)
- Height from floor 55 cms
- Largest transfer space is on the left is 87 cms
- Largest free space clear of doors and furniture is 160 x 90 cms
One bath with shower over
- Height of bath = 55cm (step over)
- Toilet seat height = 42cm
- Space between bath and wall 65cm
- Non slip ceramic tile flooring
- Information folder is produced in size 14 font (can be increased on request)
- Light switches and power points at a sensible height to reach from sitting and standing position.
- Limited mobile phone reception but excellent from garden
- There is a shop and Post Office in the centre of the village (approximately a quarter of a mile down the road heading towards Swanage).
- Address: Pembroke Cottage, Arundel Terrace, Langton Matravers, Dorset BH19 3HW
- Telephone: 01929 425837
- Email: enq@ dhcottages.co.uk
- Website: www.dhcottages.co.uk
- Hours of operation: Phones – 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday. 9am – 3pm Saturday.
- Local equipment hire companies: Mitchells Hire, The Old Gas Yard, Victoria Avenue Industrial Estate, Swanage Tel 01929 426677
- Local public transport numbers: Bus 01929 422528 Train 08700 00 5151
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Swanage Taxis 01929 421122/425350• Local Tourist Information Centre: Shore Road Swanage, 01929 422885