Pier View Access Statement
Pier View Access Statement
Osborne House is a 4 story, including basement, Grade 2 listed building.
Pier View, Flat 5, is a 2nd floor flat from the pavement, overlooking Swanage Bay and Pier, with views out to the Isle of White, Solent and Durlston Park.
- There is one allocated car park space for Flat 5 and can be found at the back of the building, second one in (there is a plaque saying ‘5’ on the wall).
- The car park is level shingle.
Please note although no pets are accepted at this property the owner does visit with their own dog.
Unfortunately, this property has no lift or disability access making it unsuitable for anyone with a disability or who is infirm. (Due to the building being listed this cannot be change.)
- There are 7 stone steps up to the front door.
- There a two locks on the front door. Normally, it is only necessary to use the smaller silver key to unlock the top lock, however if this does not work, the second (larger) silver key should be used to unlock the lower lock too.
- The main hallway is carpeted and extends about 4 metres to the stairs rising straight ahead. 5 flights of stairs to the 2nd floor (33 steps).
- A stair push button light (on a timer) can be found at the foot of the stairs on the right hand side. Additional sensor switches can be found outside each apartment door, which switch the hall light on when leaving our apartment of walking down stairs.
- Please ensure the front door is kept shut at all times for security reasons.
- The front door to flat 5 is at the top of the last flight of stairs on the left hand side.
- This door can be opened using the brass key provided.
- The entrance hall to Pier View has shoe, coat & hat storage to the left of the entrance door.
- The door straight ahead, is to the bathroom.
- To the right is the door to the bedroom
- Door on the left to the open plan dining, kitchen and living room.
- Also, a cupboard door left of the bathroom houses the boiler & controls, two laundry airers, mop & bucket and vacuum cleaner & broom.
- To the right of the Bathroom door a set of key hook with one additional set of keys, Velux window opener & torch. Please put these items back on the hooks when leaving.
The apartment has no feather pillows or duvets. The main bedroom has a king size bed, duvet and 4 pillows. The lounge has an L shaped sofa, which turns into a double sofa bed by sliding out a pull out a section under the seat (on the side facing opposite the TV). The leather foot stool, this has a lift-up lid and stored inside is a double duvet, two pillows stored in the Main bedroom wardrobe drawer.
Should the sofa bed used, please return sofa to seating use, before departing and store bedding in footstool and bedroom wardrobe drawer. (A flat base sheet for sofa bed as fitted sheet won’t fit!)
Please advise if you are likely to want the sofa bed as linen will only be supplied when confirmed with your booking.