White Sands Access Statement
White Sands Access Statement
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for White Sands, Swanage BH19 1QZ
White Sands is ideally situated for a memorable self-catering beach or walking holiday or for touring the Dorset countryside. The property is a four bedroom detached bungalow, situated on The Ballard Estate, at the northern end of Swanage.
White Sands sleeps up to nine people, in four bedrooms (one large double, a double/twin, a further twin and single room, with the ability to accommodate a further two people in fold up beds). The property is mostly all on one level with only one internal step needed to gain access to the sun room.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01929 481547 or email email@example.com.
- Our postcode is BH19 1QZ
- The nearest railway station is Wareham which is 10 miles away, there is a taxi rank available at the station.
- The nearest bus stop is on Ulwell Road, approximately 300m from the property. The No 50 service runs from Swanage to Bournemouth for connecting services.
- Co-op Supermarket is approximately one mile from the property.
- Taxis are available locally – Swanage taxis 01929 421122.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- A key to the back door can be found in the key safe on the wall to the left of the garage. The code will be supplied by the holiday agent.
- Parking is available for two cars immediately in front of the garage. The parking area is paved and provides access (through a gate to the right of the garage) to the front door.
Entrance to Property
- The most accessible entrance is the front door which is accessed via three steps each 13 cm high. The doorway is 85 cm wide with a 4 cm door threshold.
- There is a wooden floor inside the front door partly covered by a rug.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The property is on one level with no internal steps apart from one step down to access the sun room.
- The hallway is lit by wall lights.
- The sitting room is on the ground floor with level open-plan entry from the hallway.
- The room has a mixture of seating with three sofas and two arm chairs, together with a low coffee table and assorted side tables. There are two bean bags in the nursery room which can be moved to provide extra seating
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a smart digital television with freeview, remote control and a separate DVD player.
- There is a Bluetooth-enabled speaker, small DVD library and an assortment of books.
- The room is centrally heated.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by wall lighting plus a table lamp.
- There is wooden flooring with a rug.
- There is an extendable rectangular dining table which is 65 cm from floor to lowest point of table and is 76 cm high.
- There is free space around the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – eight chairs with padded seats that have no arms.
- The Kitchen has level access from the dining room and from outside via four steps, each 19 cm high and a 4 cm door threshold through the back door.
- The door opening to the kitchen from the dining room is 73 cm wide.
- The back door is 85 cm wide with a 4 cm threshold
- The doors of the oven hinge downwards and are 50 cm and 80 cm above the floor. The hob is 90 cm above the floor.
- The worktop and sink are 90 cm above the floor.
- An integrated under-counter fridge and freezer are available, to the left of the sink. To the right of the sink is an integrated dishwasher.
- Microwave 130 cm above the floor.
- Kitchen taps lever operated.
- Crockery cupboard 140 cm high.
- Cordless kettle, toaster, coffee machine, sandwich maker and liquidizer.
- Lighting is natural daylight with spotlights by night.
- Lino flooring.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- The first double bedroom has level access from the hallway. The door to the bedroom is 72 cm wide. Super-kingsize bed – height 65 cm. Bedside tables, chest of drawers and a built-in wardrobe. There is an ensuite bathroom, containing toilet, wash basin, bath, with shower over and heated towel rail. The door to the bathroom is 65 cm wide. A nursery/study also leads off the bedroom. This room has blackout blinds and is ideal for a baby/toddler. The door is also 65 cm wide.
- The second double/twin bedroom has level access from the corridor leading off the dining room. There is a super-kingsize bed (which may be made into two 3ft twin beds) which is 65 cm high and a wardrobe with a drawer under. The door to the bedroom is 72 cm wide. There are two bedside tables with table lamps.
- The third bedroom has level access from the corridor leading off the dining room. It has a single bed, 3 foot wide and 65cm high, bedside table and a chest of drawers. Hanging space is available in the built-in cupboard in the corridor outside. The door to the bedroom is 72 cm wide.
- The fourth bedroom has level access from the small area outside the sun room. It has two single beds, each 3 foot wide and 65 cm high, a wardrobe with drawer under and a bedside table. The door to the bedroom is 72 cm wide
- All bedrooms have fitted short pile carpets.
- Lighting is by natural light, by night there is overhead/wall lighting and bedside lamps in all bedrooms.
- The main bathroom is accessed from the corridor leading off the dining room. The door to the bathroom is 68 cm wide. Step free, level access.
- Wash basin 85 cm high.
- Bath height 56 cm.
- Shower over the bath with glass screen.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Well lit with overhead lights.
- Tile flooring.
- Toilet 41 cm high.
- The sun room is accessed from the end of the corridor leading off the dining room via a door which is 67 cm wide. There is one step down which is 25 cm high. Care should be taken in navigating this step, particularly at night time as there is no lighting in the sun room. Alternatively access is available through the door from the garden, 54 cm wide with a 7cm threshold.
- The garage is also accessed from the end of the corridor leading off the dining room. Door 67 cm wide with a 6 cm threshold. There is a small step down to access the garage. Alternatively access can be obtained from outside by opening the garage door (switch on right hand side inside the garage).
- The garage contains a washing machine, tumble dryer, additional fridge and freezer.
- The garage is not suitable for parking cars in.
- There is a paved patio area which can be accessed from double doors in the sitting room via three steps down, each 17 cm high. The double doors are each 72cm wide and open outwards. A granite table and chairs with parasol are available on the patio as well as a charcoal barbeque.
- There is a lawned area leading down from the patio via four steps, each 19 cm high with access from the parking area subject to a step of 13 cm in the middle of the lawn.
- A wooden garden gate at the end of the garden provides direct access to the South West Coast path. There are steps down to the beach at Shep’s Hollow about 150 metres away at the end of the green (these steps are steep in places).
- No smoking.
- Two dogs welcome, water bowl and dog towels available, excellent walks right from the front door.
- Wi-Fi available.
- Good mobile phone reception.
- The nearest A&E hospital is at Longfleet Road, Poole 11 miles from the property via the Sandbanks ferry or 20 miles via Wareham.
- The nearest Doctors’ Surgery is approximately one mile away in Station Road, Swanage 01929 422231 .
- NHS Direct 0845 4647
- Local attractions: details in the folder in the hallway.
- Gas fired central heating which is pre-set.
- We welcome feedback from guests and make changes accordingly.
|Address (Inc postcode):||Dorset Cottage Holidays 9 East Street Corfe Castle Dorset BH20 5ED|
|Hours Of Operation:||Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm|
|Local Carers:||www.mylifelivingassistance.co.uk/ Tel 01747 826 505 Part of the Carewatch group|
|Local Equipment Hire:||North Dorset Disability Information http://norddisdorset.org.uk/ Tel 01747 821010|
British Red Cross http://www.redcross.org.uk/ Mobility aids, Poole Unit 1 Albany Business Park Cabot Lane, Poole BH17 7BX Tel 01202 699 453 Monday to Thursday 10am-1pm Friday 10am-3pm
|Local Taxi:||Swanage taxis 01929 421122|
|Local Public Transport:||Bus Route 50|